This Week’s Guest:
Sheila Scarborough is a writer, speaker and consultant specializing in travel, tourism and the social Web (with a little NHRA drag racing thrown into the mix.) She writes for three different blogs and is also a certified Navy Master Training Specialist, with many years of experience as an instructor. Sheila trains and speaks regularly about social media to a variety of audiences, including journalists, public relations and marketing professionals, tourism and economic development experts and Web developers.
She is also the co-founder (with partner Becky McCray) of Tourism Currents, an online learning community and membership site where tourism professionals learn how to use social media tools for their destination marketing.
Her blog for tourism and social media is Sheila’s Guide to the Good Stuff.
This Week’s News Stories
- Spirit Air to charge for carry on luggage
- MSNBC Poll on paying fees for carry-ons
- Ryanair pushes ahead with plan for toilet fee
- JetBlue makes fun of Spirit
- Airlines losing 3000 bags an HOUR
- 80% of flight attendants injured from carry on bags in overhead bins
- Women try to smuggle dead relative onto flight
- InterConti becomes first hotel to trial iPad
- Lonely Planet slashes iPad app price in half after just two days
- A 2.5 Year-Old Uses an iPad for the First Time
Picks of the Week
- Gary – Digg and Audioboo iPhone App
- Jen – Frommer’s Ireland Day by Day
- Chris – Sanyo Xacti VPC-E1 6MP Waterproof MPEG4 Camcorder with 5x Optical Zoom and Kodak PlaySport HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera
- Shiela – Talk to CVB on social media